Wednesday, November 7, 2007

All Done

My mom had very little sleep last night. She planned to give me my flu shot after I fell asleep. She waited till I was snoring before approaching me. However, as soon as she touched me I woke up. I had a feeling that she was up to no good, so I was on guard for every little move she made. She waited and tried. She waited again and tried. This went on for hours.

I have limited speech and I generally do not use my words unless I was prompted to do so. But, I was motivated last night and I said to my mom, "All done!" This was my way of telling her to stop whatever she was trying to do to me.

Finally, at 4:30 am. my mom gave up. She waited no more and proceeded to give me my shot while I struggled. She was really fast and in a flash the needle was in. It didn't hurt that much, so I stopped fighting with her. I calmed down when she told me, "All done!" She covered me up and kissed me good-night.

My mom had to go to work in the morning, so she was only able to sleep for a couple of hours.

No comments: