Thursday, November 27, 2008

Best Behavior

My mom attended an all day workshop to learn about creating a good life for me and planning for my future. Since nobody was available to support me at home for the day, I got to tag along. I was in my best behavior the whole time and my mom is very proud of me. I got quite a few compliments from other participants.

My mom brought along a few flyers and catalogues, pen and paper, scissors, and my iPod for keeping me busy. We walked into the room and my attention was totally captured by the nicely decorated Christmas tree with flashing lights. I started off looking at the flyers and catalogues. This is a great time of the year for me. I enjoyed the pictures of colorful Christmas trees and decorations. Then I started drawing and scribbling. My mom whispered to me from time to time. She took turns with me drawing and coloring when I needed some attention. As my demand for attention increased, she pulled out my iPod. There is new music on my iPod! She must have figured out that I got tired of the music I had on it previously. I bounced with the rhythm and occasionally I hummed along. When I smiled and appeared to be enjoying the music, my mom got curious and took one of my earphones to listen in to find out what was amusing to me. We need to get something to allow both of us to listen to the music at the same time, so that she does not have to snatch my earphone.

Half way through the afternoon, the music went dead. I handed the iPod back to my mom. She figured the battery must be dead. I resumed my drawing and scribbling on the flyers. I was behaving so well that my mom didn't need to employ alternative strategies, such as scissors.

No comments: