Thursday, July 2, 2009

Walk for Jesus

My mom has committed to raise a total of $,6160 for Chinese Outreach ($2,000 for office furniture and $4,160 for 1/2 hour airtime per week for one year). By the day of the Walk on June 28 (last Sunday), I have raised $6,170. Three of my friends signed up for the Walk. One of them could not join us that day, my mom decided not to change the date.

I walk with two of my friends last Sunday and will walk with the other friend this coming Sunday. My mom feels that since I have been so well supported by my family and friends that I should walk more to be worthy of their love.

Last Sunday morning, the rain dampened my mom's spirit a bit. She was happy that by the afternoon when we went for the Walk, the sun was out. The weather was really nice for the walk. We walked for an hour from my friend's home to a park and back. The park was not that far away. It took that long because I walked so slowly. We also stopped now and then to take pictures.

No comments: