Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What Is Good Music?

I think everybody knows how much I like music. Listening to good music, or even playing music on the piano, are some of my favourite things to do. Take me shopping and I'll dance into any store... so long as it has some good music. But what is good music?

My family and friends sometimes try out different music with me. I know my own tastes, but I still need help finding music that I like. For example, I was visiting Pastor Mike's home and he put on some European band for me. No-one in my family knows the name of the band, but who cares? I had a great time and spent the whole night dancing. Pastor Mike even joined in with me for a bit! :)

On the other hand, Peter recently gave me his iPod to listen to. He says it was Snow Patrol, but I think it was terrible. Whatever he gave me, there was no bass, no beat, just some guy squealing away. I took out the earbuds, looked at Peter and clearly said "Music". I'm sorry, but Snow Patrol just isn't music. :P I think he got the hint, because he gave me some U2 after that. :)

P.S. Pastor Mike has this massage chair. I tried it once because everyone wanted me to, but it was so ticklish I just jumped back out again. I went back on my own for a second go (yeah, you have to try these things). It was no different the second time though - that thing is really weird.

No comments: