Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring Retreat


My mom and I went to the Spring Retreat at Camp Nakamun. This gave me the opportunity of spending a weekend with young people - Junior High and Senior High. I am much older, but I blend in well because I look younger than my age. We had a nice room that is an accessible unit with very spacious bathroom.

On our first night, my mom could hear me laugh out loud after she turned off the light.


I woke up before 5 am. the next morning and was ready to go. I loved the music and singing. My mom supported me to participate as much as I could in activities. When my peers played human foosball, I wanted to join in. Initially, my mom was hesitant and didn't let me. Then she changed her mind and I got to play. My peers were very gracious and accepted me in the game. Whenever the ball came near to my vicinity, they gave me the time I needed to kick the ball. Sometimes, even my opponent team intentionally passed the ball to me. They are such wonderful people.

Saturday night was the best because we had a Talent Show. As soon as my mom mentioned "show" to me, I knew there was going to be more music, singing and dancing. My mom was really impressed by Nigel's awesome yo-yo tricks.

No comments: