Thursday, February 21, 2008

Neighbor

Our neighbor, a lovely lady, passed away at the age of 96. My mom used to go over to visit and sometimes stayed for tea. I have not visited her because of my fear for dogs. When her dog was in the back yard, I would keep a distance and stood across from the back lane to imitate the barking. We are going to miss her. One day, we will see her again in heaven.

What my mom loved the most was taking her out on bike rides. She made my mom happy because she enjoyed the rides so much. My mom does not have the same luck with us in terms of taking us out on the bike. She has to use "baits" to get me on the bike and she is not always successful. My Grandma says "no" half of the time for various reasons, such as too hot, too cold, not the right time. My sister absolutely refuses to ride the bike as she does not want to attract attention.

No comments: