Sunday, October 4, 2009

Birthday

Today is my 27th birthday. Even though my mom has been telling me it is my birthday today, I didn't get excited until I see the candle on a cupcake. Yes, a cupcake! Let me post a picture for you to see it.

I kept asking my mom to light the candle while she was busy with cooking supper. She told me to wait till after supper. Oh boy, that was really tough. I was so antsy that it was not funny at all.



Finally the time came for me to watch the candle being lit and then I was allowed to blow it out. My mom knew I want to blow out the candle by myself. She does not trust that I can do so "safely", i.e. blowing it out without contaminating the whole cake. When I was ready to blow, she took the cupcake off the big cake and placed it in front of me. I blew and clapped. Job done and I am happy! I don't even want to eat the cake. In my opinion, the sole purpose of the birthday cake is to hold the candles.

No comments: