Friday, October 23, 2009

Greyhound Bus

Grandma and my mom arrived Vancouver safely this morning. I mentioned that my mom started a knitting project for her long Greyhound bus ride. When her carry-on luggage was checked prior to boarding, she was told knitting needles were not allowed on the bus. What a disappointment! What was my mom going to do for the next 20 hours?

Their bus driver was a young fellow named Peter. "Great!" my mom thought to herself, "Peters are nice guys!" She asked Peter, "I want to ask you a question. You don't need to say "yes". Will you allow me to knit on your bus?" Guess what this friendly guy said? My mom promised him that she would not hold him hostage by using the knitting needles.

Vancouver is raining and has been raining for the last few days. Since Grandma and my mom come from sunny Alberta, they may be able to bring them some sunshine.

No comments: