Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ethnic Community Radio

My mom volunteers for Chinese Outreach. Last year, I also volunteered and helped to fundraise by participating in the "Walk for Jesus" event.

About two years ago, Chinese Outreach (in partnership with CIAM Media) initiated the application process for establishing an Non-commercial Ethnic Community Radio. It has now reached the final approval phase and a public hearing is scheduled for May 27 in Edmonton. Six other parties are competing with us. We are in need of your prayer support.

My mom has been waiting for the hearing date since January and expected it to occur in March or April. She is disappointed that she will miss it as she will be leaving for Hong Kong in late April and won't be back till early July. Nonetheless she is thrilled that finally a date is set. God is good as generally the hearing takes place in Ottawa. This time the hearing will be in Edmonton. More of our supporters will be able to attend.

My mom is already planning for the 2nd Annual "Walk for Jesus". I will be the first one to register for the walk. My mom will assist me with promoting the event when she returns in July.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope more people can attend the hearing. Let us know the time and location. Will remember in our prayers.