Sunday, March 16, 2008

My New Role at Church

Today was my first day as a greeter at church handing out bulletins. My mom stayed with me to provide the support I needed. She handed me one bulletin at a time as she knew I'd hand out all to one person if I were given more. I could figure out that I was supposed to hand the bulletin to someone, but I was not totally clear who I should hand it to. I turned around a few times and handed the bulletin to the other greeter.

A few of my friends said to me, "Hi, Tim." I did not respond as I was so totally distracted by all the activities around me. There were lots of people coming and going. It will take me at least several weeks to get used to the environment before I can begin to focus. This is not going to be a problem because my mom has lots of patience and she is not going to give up on me.

It is great that I am given this opportunity to serve at church. I am not proficient in my new role yet, but I am sure that one day I will because my mom believes that I can do it.

No comments: