Saturday, August 22, 2009

Making Choices

My mom would like to allow me to make choices. Every day, she asks me a few times if I want to go on my buddy bike or not. My response has always been a definite "no". We have only been out on my bike once this summer. My mom feels that it is such a waste to have it just sitting in the garage. Today she prepared a big bowl of raspberries with a small amount of ice cream on top. Again, I said no to the bike ride. She gave me a spoonful of the treat and then I was willing to go with her.

My mom got me to sit on the bike and then she gave me the raspberries and ice cream. She waited till I finished my snack before she peddled us out of the parking lot. Powered by the ice cream, I started to peddle as well. We were going so fast that my mom stopped peddling.

We passed by a house where there was a dog statue sitting on the front lawn. I stared at the dog and I wondered why it did not move. I kept turning my head around to see if it came after us. Noticing that I was intrigued by it, my mom took me back to the spot and let me look at it again. I stayed there for the longest time staring at it. I am really puzzled by this motionless creature.

No comments: