Friday, September 11, 2009

Indian Summer

We have a very nice day today. My mom knows that this kind of weather is not going to last long. She took advantage of the warm sun to enjoy the fresh air outside. She took me for a bike ride in the afternoon. Every time we go out, I am responsible for closing the garage door with the remote control.

Upon our return, I got off the bike and ran towards the garage side door. I wanted to visit with my mom some more before returning to my home. I couldn't get in because the door was locked. I turned to my mom and pointed to the garage door. My mom said, "You can open it. You know how to open it." I walked back and forth in circles between the garage door and my mom at least half a dozen times. My mom just sat there and waited patiently. Eventually, I figured out the solution. I went to the bike's basket to reach for the remote control.

My mom took me out again after supper. She gave me a pile of Emily's thank you cards to mail. With the mails in my hand, I knew my assigned task. After I dropped the thank you cards in the mailbox, my mom proceeded to take me for a walk in the park. However, I kept wanting to cross the road towards our home. Again, my mom allowed me to make choices. With the exception of stopping me from jay-walking, she followed my lead. I walked past my own home and headed straight to my mom's door. I am so happy my mom let me in. I indicated I wanted to watch TV and she put on the Lawrence Welk show for me.

No comments: