Friday, June 18, 2010

Buddy Bike

The weather is gorgeous today, so my mom decided to take me out on my buddy bike this afternoon. She was not sure if I would resist, so she didn't tell me what we were going to do. She handed me a favorite snack as we walked out of the house. Having that to distract my attention, she got me on the bike with no problem.

This is the first time we go out on my bike this year. My mom remembered how reluctant I was last year and that she had to use ice cream to entice me. To her surprise, I actually enjoyed the bike ride today. I giggled as our bike sailed out onto the street. I helped in peddling from time to time.

I saw a small squirrel ran across the street in front of us. My mom stopped peddling so that I could watch the squirrel climb up a tree. One time when we were in Jasper National Park, I saw a squirrel came out from under a rock a few feet from where I was sitting. I jumped up, screamed and ran away. Today, I wasn't afraid because I was sitting high up on my bike and I felt safe.

No comments: