Thursday, June 17, 2010

Leaps and Bounds


Adelaide is sure growing fast. Her weigh-in at the midwife's office around mid-May was 7 lbs. 14 oz. We didn't have a scale at home to weigh her accurately while they were here to visit. She was getting heavier to carry, but we had to wait till her next midwife appointment back in Vancouver to know her exact weight. On May 31, we found out that she weighed 9 lbs. 5 oz. The next thing I know, she has gained more weight and was 10 lbs. 5 oz. on June 10. Baby gifts of clothing are coming in and my mom is worried that Adelaide may outgrow some of them before she goes to Vancouver to visit them at the end of July. She hopes that there will be someone we know going to Vancouver soon, so that she can forward the smaller sizes to Adelaide.

My mom went on a shopping spree buying pretty dresses for Adelaide. She took me along one time and I imitated how she looked through the dresses one by one on the rack. Then I started to take some clothes off the rack and restock them on other racks. Instead of stopping me, my mom allowed me the time to hang the clothes back up. That was a very good practice of eye-hand coordination for me. My mom followed me around and placed the clothes back to where they should belong.

No comments: