Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Energizer

My mom went to bed after 5 am. two out of the last four nights. She is kind of like the Energizer battery . . . she keeps going. I said "kind of" because she is not going strong like the Energizer. Her pace slows down until she gets recharged. Her priority this week is to get the Chinese Outreach tax receipts done. She has to go to there again tomorrow to do a final check to ensure accuracy.

Even though my mom is so busy, I still get to go and visit with her every evening. What I generally do at mom's home is listen to music and play the Wii while my mom practices her piano. She does not want to waste time while providing me with constant supervision. My mom is pleased that I am not addicted to the Wii. After I play for less than 1/2 hour, I'd say, "All done!" and get my mom to turn the game off for me. Then I play piano with her. I play many different songs and my mom is amazed at what I can play. Last evening I played the following songs:

* O Come All Ye Faithful
* O Canada
* Amazing Grace
* Happy Birthday
* Jingle Bells
* Do-Re-Mi
* Silent Night
* Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star - My mom has not learned this one yet.
* I also play scales

I, of course, am not playing the right keys. I play the melody so that you can tell which song I am playing. My mom keeps on saying that she should tape my music for her piano teacher to listen to. However, I am not playing long enough each time for her to do the taping.

No comments: