Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sunday Afternoon

It has become a routine for me to play Wii on Sunday afternoons. I turn on the Wii and then ask my mom to help me with getting the game started. Honestly, it does not make any sense to me for asking her to help. She doesn't know what she is doing. She presses the buttons randomly to get it going. I could have done it myself and I am sure I can figure it out faster than she can. However, I decided to do what is "politically correct". When I ask for help instead of acting impulsively, I gain trust. The game will be available and accessible to me all the time. If I act irresponsibly, the game will only be accessible when someone can supervise me.

My mom isn't all that energetic today. Thank God I have been calm and happy. She went to Chinese Outreach yesterday to work on preparing tax receipts. I have good news and bad news. Good news is that there are more donations and the number of donors have increased from last year. Me and my friends (the Bara Team) are partly to be blamed for this as a result of our Walk for Jesus event. The bad news is that it takes my mom longer to get the job done. She was there all day . . . . . and then all night. She came home at 5 am. this morning.

No comments: