Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Day

I woke up before 8 am. and I went to the piano and played O Canada. I continued to play the piano on and off for about an hour and a half. I didn't stay in front of the piano for very long each time. I played scales for a little bit and also the following songs:

* O Canada
* Jingle Bells
* Amazing Grace
* Silent Night - The first part of the song only as my mom has not mastered the whole song yet.

Whatever songs my mom plays, I play. It works the other way too. Whatever songs I play, my mom will play. The difference is what I play comes naturally to me. As for my mom, it will take her hours of learning and practicing before she can play the song. I know the next song for her to learn is O Come All Ye Faithful because I played it this morning.

After I had enough piano playing, my mom got me to help her with baking a cake. By noon I was bored. I was a little agitated because my mom was busy preparing lunch and couldn't help me with turning on music I wanted. My mom isn't sure if my CD's are not working or if the CD player is not working.

Right before lunch, I figured out how to turn the Wii on. When my mom asked me what I wanted, I had no problem getting my message across - I raised my arms and moved them as if I were driving. Right now I am sitting in front of the TV racing a car through the downtown streets.

No comments: