Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Jasper National Park



I went camping at the Jasper National Park with my mom, Emily and Peter. I had a wonderful time. As you can tell from my pictures, I had fun walking on rocks. It sure was good exercise for my balance. There were many other activities I enjoyed during this trip, such as picking up pebbles to throw into water, looking at and listening to the roaring waterfalls, sitting in front of the campfire, and putting logs in the fire to keep it burning. Generally I don't say much, but I was so happy this weekend that I vocalized more than usual and I sang as I listened to my iPod. My cheerful spirit was contagious and I made my folks chuckle on many occasions.

One of the challenges for us was the large number of dogs we encountered. I had to constantly scan the surrounding to make sure I was safe. Peter was on such high alert that when he heard the sound of chains as he walked past a vehicle, he immediately thought of leash and dog. He turned around and sure enough a dog owner was letting his big dog out. After Peter told him about my fear, the dog owner quickly opened his hatchback to shove the dog back into the vehicle and slammed the door shut. The poor dog barely got his feet on the ground and was suddenly pushed back into the car. He probably wondered what on earth was happening.

After we came home from Jasper, I watched suitcases being packed and I was excited to be on the road again. I realized it was not another camping trip when we arrived at the airport and the suitcases disappeared into the terminal with Emily and Peter. I started to say, "mai-mai" (little sister) 2 - 3 times per hour after Emily left.

No comments: