Saturday, October 4, 2008

Vancouver


I have not written for a long time because my mom has been too busy to help me with it. I have been away on various trips and it is time-consuming for my mom in terms of organizing the trips. Since the Jasper camping trip, I have visited the Dinosaur Provincial Park and the Glacier National Park. I will write about them at a later date. My last and current venture is visiting Emily in Vancouver.

We (Grandma, mom and myself) left for Vancouver on September 29. My mom had to take care of payroll/pay cheques (Beraka Residence and Chinese Outreach) and submission of invoice/receipts to PDD before our departure. She worked till 4 am. and went to bed because she was tired. She got up at 6 am. to finish all the priority tasks. We set off at 10 am. and arrived Vancouver after midnight because my mom had to pull over periodically to take breaks.

We are staying in Peter's apartment because it is bigger and we want to spend time with him. Peter has this neat computer game that he specifically acquired for me to create creatures. I call the creatures dinosaurs. I build my dinosaurs by attaching body parts to the body. I have fun attaching multiple heads and multiple eyes onto the creature. I can also make it tap and dance. Initially, I constantly verbalized, "Help, please." Then I say, "eyes" to indicate my wish to create dinosaurs and I say, "dancing" to indicate I want to make my dinosaur dance. Instead of helping me, my mom, Emily and Peter teach me how to play the game. Through exploraton and practice, I can play independently some of the time.

I have commented in the past that I am not at risk for addiction to computer games because I have a short attention span. This game proves that I was wrong. I can spend hours in front of the computer. I enjoy the game and I giggle aloud. I bounce as I watch my dinosaurs dance. One day, when we were at Emily's apartment, I could hardly wait till we return to Peter's apartment. I expressed my desire to my mom by saying, "Peter, computer".

PS. Today is my 26th birthday. My mom forgot about it and had to be reminded by Emily.

No comments: