Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Peter's Blog

Peter wrote several blogs from January 24 to 26 about our trip to Disney World. He posted many photos of me on my favorite rides. He also included a video of me on the spinning tea cup ride. He did a much better job than my mom in describing the rides and how I enjoyed them. Please feel free to access his blog to view the photos and the video.

Emily enjoyed the Splash Mountain ride and would like me to give it a try. After I got frightened by a few fast and scary rides, Emily, Peter and my mom started to show me the rides (if possible) and they allowed me to decide whether I wanted to go on the ride or not. They took me to a spot where I could see the boat dropped rapidly downstream causing the water to splash. I said no to the ride and they asked me a couple more times to make sure I really meant no. My decision was clearly expressed. They turned me around to look at another section of the same ride. After watching the boats meander slowly forward, I agreed to go on the ride. Emily got excited about my change of mind. Peter is indeed a true friend. He would not allow anyone to cheat me. He turned me around to show me the dropping boat again. I said no and my wish was respected.

2 comments:

harves said...

Sometimes I think Emily was right, but I didn't want to risk it. You might have enjoyed it. Maybe we'll try again sometime. :)

Timothy said...

Peter, I appreciate that you truly allowed me to make my choice. How would you feel if you were asked and said no to something and were made to do it anyway? Throughout my life, others tend to make decisions for me including small decisions that I am fully capable of making.