Monday, May 25, 2009

Vancouver

My mom was going to take me and Grandma to Vancouver for two weeks leaving on Thursday (May 28). She has been very excited about this trip for some time. Unfortunately, her back has not recovered as much as she'd like to. The CT Scan appointment is not available yet. The nurse estimated that it can be as late as in July or August.

Reluctantly, my mom decides not to take me with her on this trip because she cannot manage caring for me 24 hours a day. This has taken away much of her joy as she struggles with making up her mind. On her bad days, she knows it is wise not to take me. On good days, she becomes optimistic and hopeful that she can manage my care. Since I don't know what is going on, it does not bother me at all. So it appears anyway. It is difficult for others to know how I am affected when my family goes away without me.

My fundraising is expected to slow down for the next couple of weeks during my mom's absence. I have done remarkably well so far and raised $5,320, which is 88.5% of my new goal ($6,000).

No comments: