Saturday, September 8, 2007

Freedom

My mom got her freedom back because our van is now fixed. This past week, she managed reasonably well using the public transportation to get around. We are on a good bus route, but she cannot afford the increased traveling time. You should see how happy she was when she went to pick up the van.

My mom shops for produce twice a week so that we will have fresh fruits and vegetables. She couldn't go grocery shopping by bus. So, our fridge has been unusually empty for a week. You are going to see her in grocery stores this weekend. She visits different stores to pick up their weekly specials in order to cut down on our grocery cost. My roommates and I are on AISH (Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped). My mom wants to help us in stretching our dollars as much as possible. For the amount we pay, we get exceptionally high quality foods. We are fed really well - so well that I gained 4 lbs. when I weighed in this month. I'd better work harder on my "step, step, step" routines.

No comments: