Friday, September 28, 2007

Progress

Even though my mom has been really busy and stressed this week, she continues to practice her piano. She encourages me to play the piano and I can now play "O Canada, our home and native land" with some assistance from her. I have listened to my mom play this song so many times that I have the melody in my head. When I played some random notes, my mom could identify that I was playing bits and pieces of O Canada. I also had fun playing my favorite CDE EDC CCC. I laugh every time I play and say CCC.

I played on and off for about half an hour before I was willing to get off so that my mom could brush my teeth. This was the first time I played for so long. My mom was not sure if I really wanted to play the piano or I was trying to avoid the teeth-brushing. When my mom tried to take me back next door to the Beraka Residence, I rushed over to the piano. I played for a short time and stopped. When my mom tried to persuade me to go home, I played a little more. This time it was obvious that I was using the piano as a delay tactic.

No comments: