Monday, September 3, 2007

Kite Festival

My sister took me to the Kite Festival yesterday. There were so many colorful kites flying in the sky that I was able to notice them as we were approaching the park. We brought two colorful packages along. At that moment, I suddenly knew what they were. Once we arrived the park, I was more attracted by the music than what we were there for - go fly a kite. Apparently, that is not a very nice thing to say to someone.

My sister assembled the first kite - a red airplane. We tried to get it air borne, but the wind was not strong enough. Even though my mom persevered, it only stayed up for brief periods each time. Despite being somewhat disappointed, she had fun. I took the line a few times when the kite was up. I lost interest when the kite came tumbling down.

My sister assembled the second kite - another plane. This one is more colorful and has a long tri-color tail. My mom ran with it to get it up in the air for as long as she ran. When she stopped, it came down. By that time, most of the other kites were down too. Only a few managed to continue flying. We decided to call it a day.

Walk for Jesus update - I have raised $3,500.00. The event is coming up soon - September 22.

No comments: