Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve

Some of my caregivers are away on vacation making it even more difficult to cover all the shifts. Recently I notice a couple of new faces and I am trying to get used to being helped by them. This afternoon another person comes over for an interview.

There is not enough staff for New Year's day. It is to my delight that I am going to sleep over at mom's home tonight and be with her most of tomorrow. My mom is trying to figure out how to keep me occupied all day long. Stores are not open, so we can't go shopping. It is too cold to fly my kite. . . . . I will wait and see what kind of creative idea my mom comes up with.

My mom has been practicing her piano. She has two weeks off from her lessons. This gives her extra time to practice. She plays her old songs including O Canada. She has not played it for some time as there are so many new songs for her to learn. After hearing O Canada a few times, I start to play it too.

Tonight my mom practices her scales. I love it! I giggle as her fingers move back and forth. She intentionally moves faster and I giggle some more.

No comments: