Friday, February 13, 2009

Stretched to the Limits

Managing my home, caring for Grandma and chairing the Board of Chinese Outreach are all very demanding on my mom. She is feeling stretched to her limits. It would have been worse if she has to go to work. This is her third year of leave of absence without pay. Last year, she substituted occasionally at the Faculty of Nursing, U of A. This year she can't even do that because she has been so busy.

Despite her lack of time and energy, she continues to take me home for visits. She gives me crayons to color or pen and paper to draw. She also puts on the Sound of Music songs for me. The song I enjoy the most is Do-Re-Mi. One day when my mom asked me if I wanted to listen to Do-Re-Mi, I said, "Fa". Today, when she "sang" (I use the quotation marks because her singing is terrible!) Do-Re-Mi-Fa, I said, "So". I started to sing along and when the songs goes like this ". . . I must have done something . . .", I join in and sing, "good".

No comments: