Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Getting Colder

Today, my mom went over to our neighbor's garden and picked at least 10 pounds of tomatoes. No, no, no, she was not stealing. A week ago, our neighbor was going to pick all the tomatoes and my mom convinced him to leave the smaller ones on the plants. He didn't think the tomatoes would grow any more. He had such a good harvest that he gave us a big bucket full of tomatoes. He told my mom we could have whatever were left on the plants. With a week's nice sunny weather, the tomatoes did get bigger and some were starting to turn yellow and pink. As the tomatoes ripened, my mom brought the nice big ones over to the Beraka Residence for us to enjoy. She cooked the not so nice ones at home.

My mom got me out on my bike whenever she could. When we biked merrily down the street, I could hear this loud rustling sound. I frowned and listened and couldn't figure out what it was. Then I noticed my mom steering the bike towards the curb where there were piles and piles of yellow dried leaves.

No comments: