Sunday, October 5, 2008

Birthday Cakes




I had two cakes for my birthday yesterday. My mom baked a chocolate zucchini cake and Emily bought me an ice cream cake. Both of them are yummy.

Peter has a spacious apartment with a large balcony that surrounds his unit. There is a hammock on his balcony. I had been in one when I went on the Bahamas cruise. It was a struggle for my mom to put me in last time due to the fear of the unknown. This time I willingly got on. My mom swung me from side to side and I loved it. When she stepped inside to fetch my pillow, I decided to swing myself. I ended up rolling off and fell out. That was more fun to me than swinging from side to side. I started to constantly roll off and my mom soon got tired of helping me back onto the hammock.

I have one piece of advice for Peter - Orientate all guests on how to turn off the bathroom lights. It took my mom and grandma some time to figure out how to turn the lights off. When they pressed the switch to turn it off, the lights went bright and dim repeatedly and did not turn off. Eventually they find out that they can turn the lights on and off by tapping (not pressing) the switch.

The apartment has a nice view of the Coal Harbour and the mountains to the north. Stanley Park is only a block away. We went out for a walk one evening and came across a whole family of raccoons. I didn't see them initially and was not sure what the rest of the group was excited about. Then I heard some sound next to me and I looked. It was a raccoon sitting inside a bush staring at me. I got startled and quickly walked away.


No comments: