Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Good Appetite

My mom can finally sit down to continue writing. As soon as they arrived home from the hospital at around 2 pm., my mom was kept busy with cooking for Grandma (believe it or not). Grandma ate a banana because the nurse stated that her potassium is on the low side. Then she said she wanted eggs for supper. My mom perceived feeling hungry as a really good sign of recovery, so she was happy to fried two small eggs and two pieces of lok bok cake (蘿蔔糕) for Grandma right away. When Grandma finished eating, she asked for more. This totally surprised my mom and she wished she had cooked more. My mom thought that Grandma might not feel like eating after surgery, so she had made some papaya soup. After serving Grandma a bowl of the soup, it was soon time to prepare supper.

In between cooking, my mom was tied up in making/answering phone calls and sending/responding to e-mails.

No comments: