Saturday, October 18, 2008

Glacier National Park




Since my one roommate could not go to the Dinosaur Provincial Park, my mom planned another trip a week later to take him to the Glacier National Park. We were supposed to stop by the Waterton National Park as well. However, we missed a turn and headed straight to the Glacier National Park. God knows what is best for us. If we had stopped at the Waterton Lake, we would not have enough time for the Going-to-the-sun Road. Even though it was not peak season (first week of September), there were fair amount of traffic on the road and constructions also slowed us down a bit.

We enjoyed the fantastic scenery and the fresh air. The weather wasn't very good and it rained part of the time. It was very foggy at the high altitudes, so we could not see some scenic views. I can imagine how beautiful the park is on sunny days. We came across a patch of snow that looked like a dove's head. It was so neat!



One funny episode on this trip was watching my mom "wrestle" with the back of the captain seat in front of her. We were sitting at the back bench of the van. I was in the middle and my mom to my right. When she needed to get up, she couldn't pull herself up with her left arm because of shoulder pain. She used her right arm and was not able to stand upright because the captain seat was pushed back. She couldn't step out in front of me because she was hanging on with her right arm. When she let go the grip, she fell back into the seat. She, then, gave the back of the seat a bear hug to maintain an upright position. She inched towards me until she could sit on my lap to swing her legs out. After winning the wrestling match, she moved to sit on my left to make it easier for her to get out.

No comments: