Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pain

While Grandma was in the hospital, she experienced very little pain and did not require any pain medication. She took a dose of plain Tylenol prior to going home to ensure that the journey home was comfortable. I made it sound like it is a long journey, but it is actually about 15 minutes only.

By bedtime last evening, her pain increased but she didn't tell my mom. She went to bed and slept reasonably well. This morning, it was only upon my mom's inquiry that she mentioned about the pain. My mom checked her wound and drains. The drains were full and they were emptied right away. My mom milked the tubes to make sure that they are patent. She got some clots out and will check on her drainage hourly for now.

Please pray for reduced pain and free flowing drainage. Thank you!

No comments: