Saturday, August 18, 2007

Alaska Cruise

Since I enjoyed my last cruise so much, my mom started to watch for a cruise deal departing from Vancouver, the closest port from us. We went on an Alaska cruise in May at 73% off.

My mom told me about taking me on a cruise, but I didn't understand her. She tried to explain to me about the ship and shows. I still didn't have a clue what she was talking about. I finally realized what was happening when we were about to board the ship. I started to grin from ear to ear and my eyes must have sparkled. My mom noticed my joy and it made her happy.

I, of course, went to every single show including the comedian talk show. The comedian started the show by singing "Yesterday". My mom's heart sank because, for some odd reason (unknown to her), I don't like that song. I have a Lawrence Welk show video tape. Whenever that song came on, I turned the video off. My mom was relieved that I stayed. I didn't understand a word the comedian said, but I still managed to have lots of fun. When other people laughed, I laughed. When others clapped, I clapped.

I fell in love with a new activity - work out in the exercise room. I went on the treadmill and then the bike because I am familiar with using them from having one of each in my own room at home. Then I got bold and tried other exercise equipment. Since that day, as soon as I woke up, I headed to the cabin door and I told my mom, "Step, step, step."

If you want to see me in action, come to the Jasper Place Sports Centre. I go there a couple of times a week to work out - "step, step, step" I go.

Walk for Jesus update - I have raised $3,260.00.

No comments: