Friday, August 17, 2007

Bahamas Cruise


Staff shortage at the Beraka Residence has benefited me greatly. Last October, my mom took me and my grandma to New York for 5 weeks because there wasn't enough staff. It was wonderful for me, but not so much for mom as she had to look after me 24/7. To make it worse, I had diarrhea for 3 weeks (Thank God this mishap did not occur during the cruise). It was hard work for my mom and she was greatly stressed by the fear of me soiling other people's properties.

Last summer, a friend of my mom gave her a website (vacationstogo.com) to look up cruise deals. This has greatly enhanced my quality of life as it makes it affordable for me to enjoy a new experience. After we booked our flights to New York, my mom checked online regularly and found this Bahamas cruise for 68% off.

The cruise was my mom's break with no cooking or chores to worry about for 1 week. The ship was beautiful and I just loved it. I added a new word to my vocabulary - show. That definitely was the highlight for me. Can you imagine my delight of watching the fantastic shows of music, singing and dancing?

I giggled aloud in my sleep. The cabin was pitch dark and my mom had to turn on the light to check on me to see what I was up to in the middle of the night. I wasn't up to anything - I was simply happy. As soon as I woke up, I would take my mom by her hand and led her to the cabin door and said, "GO!"

I have nothing to report on with regard to the progress of the Walk for Jesus event. My mom will have to work a little harder on it.

No comments: