Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Tomato


It has rained for several days and I missed my ice cream. When my mom offered to take me out on a bike ride, I readily agreed. My mom is training me to tell someone before I go anywhere. I went to the staff and said, "I want go bike . . . (I don't know how to say ride yet)" I am quite proud I managed to say that because I have only been taught to say, "I want go see Poh Poh (Grandma) please."

We went outside and I looked at my treat. What a disappointment! It wasn't ice cream. It was tomato. I don't know what this kind of tomato is called. It is not cherry tomato. I will call it miniature roma tomato. The red tomato in the picture is 1 1/2 inches long. I was nicely surprised because the tomatoes were yummy. My mom asked for one. I teased her by placing one real close to her mouth and then I quickly retrieved it and put it in my mouth instead.

I peddled about half of the time with minimal prompting from my mom. You might have guessed that there must be dogs out there. You are wrong! There was no dog in sight. My mom kept saying, "Good peddling!"; "Good job!"; "Way to go, Timothy." I could tell she was pleased.

My mom must be impressed by my efforts. When we arrived home, she went inside and got me some ice cream. I had to work for it though. My mom took me out biking the second time. And, being "powered" by the ice cream, I peddled about 70% of the time.

No comments: