Monday, August 20, 2007

Perseverance

It is so easy to take things for granted. For example, think of all of the things you can do, including the activities of daily living. So many of the things you can do just happen “naturally”. Don’t forget to count your blessings, as this is not the case for me most of the time. Even simple tasks, such as putting my socks on (I still cannot put them on right), took months and months of training. I don’t know if I want to count it as my blessing that my mom is a “rehab” nurse. She makes me work as she believes in helping me to reach my maximum potentials and she wants me to be as independent as possible, even though (realistically speaking) I will never be independent.

If you do not understand the meaning of perseverance, you need to come to talk to my mom. She does not give up and that means there is no escaping for me.

Walk for Jesus update - I have raised $3,360.

No comments: