Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Jesus loves me

My grandma is now in New Jersey visiting my uncle’s family. She called this morning asking my mom to look for a photograph for her. My mom has not looked at the photo albums for a long, long time.

Viewing them brought back a lot of memories. For example, my mom saw my daddy’s pictures without hair. He was diagnosed with cancer when I was 3 years old. My little sister was 6 months old at the time. My daddy went through a major surgery and then several courses of chemotherapy. He passed away when I was 5 years old.

Not all the pictures brought back sad memories. My mom saw pictures of me and my little sister getting baptized on April 15, 2001. That was a happy day for her. I looked very handsome in my grey suit. My sister also looked very nice in her pretty dress. I wish I know how to post those pictures so that you can see the smiles on our faces.

My mom taught me how to say, “Jesus loves me”. She does not know if I understand these words. However, she is certain that God can speak to me in a special way to let me know that He loves me.

No comments: