Friday, August 10, 2007

Ice cream

My mom is going to be stressed as one more staff has announced her resignation. I am coping well with the staffing shortage. As a matter of fact, I am thoroughly enjoying this situation. I get to be with mom a lot these days. On Tuesday morning mom took me on an LRT ride. We went from one end (university) to another (Claireview).

I do not enjoy all of the activities my mom offers. An example is going for a bike ride. We have a "buddy bike" (a 2-seater bike). When it was new, I was excited about riding on it. Now, the novelty has worn off and I don't care to go on it any more. My mom uses a variety of strategies to entice me, such as ice cream, mango, MP3. Ice cream has been effective . . . . . I wish mom is more generous with the ice cream. I only get 1/2 scoop at a time. I finish eating it all within half a block. Then I tell my mom, "Go home!" She always responds like this, "We will go around the block and then go home." Going around the block means at least 10 blocks. I peddle some of the time to help her . . . . . only when it goes downhill. Maybe there is a reason for mom to be giving me so little ice cream - I am not exercising enough.

No comments: