Monday, December 24, 2007

Candy Cane Lane

The weather has been mild lately (around freezing). The roads are slushy and our van is really dirty. The windshield has been splashed with mud. The visibility is limited and our windshield wipers are not doing their job well.

My mom decided to take me to Candy Cane Lane tonight. She went out to wash the windshield so that I could have a better view. That wasn't an easy job for her as she is short and our van is high. She climbed up onto the front fender which is coated with a thin layer of ice. Being slippery, she used her left hand to hang on while she stretched and wiped the windshield with her right arm. That was the tricky part because she has right shoulder pain (from old age, you know). She did it and got the windshield and all the windows really clean after washing it the second time. Now we have a dirty van with clean windows.

My mom drove up and down Candy Cane Lane three times for me to take a good look at the lights. It is not cold tonight - our van registered +4 degrees. A lot of people parked and walked. This would not have worked for me because there were dogs everywhere. Had I been on the side walks, I would have dashed faster than the cars. However, there are so many of them, I wouldn't even know which direction to dash.

No comments: