Thursday, December 20, 2007

Getting to Know Me

It is not easy to get to know me for various reasons:

* You may be hesitant to approach me because I am different.

* When you do approach me, I may not respond. Generally, I am so distracted by what is happening around me that I have trouble focusing on what is being said to me.

* I have a limited vocabulary and I am not very motivated to use my words.

* I need a lot of time to process an incoming message. My mom always tries to get me to pay attention and to respond. Most people are very polite and kind. They tell my mom it is fine and that she does not have to insist that I respond. It is important for me to learn how to interact with others, so please help my mom in encouraging me to speak.

With the use of my blog and facebook, I am hoping that you will be able to get to know me more. With your help, I may one day learn to be more responsive when others communicate with me.

No comments: