Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Windmill

My mom read a story called Welcome to Holland. The author (Emily Perl Kingsley) described having a baby as planning a fabulous vacation trip to Italy. Having a child with disabilities is like landing in Holland instead of in Italy. So, my mom and I landed in Holland. Now I am beginning to understand why I am so attracted to windmills.

A decade after the author landed in Holland she wrote another story called Celebrating Holland. I agree with her a 100% on the following statement:

. . . . . it doesn't matter where you land. What's more important is what you make of your journey and how you see and enjoy the very special, the very lovely, things that Holland, or any land, has to offer.

I certainly enjoy the windmills.

To read the stories, you can click on the titles (in green).

No comments: